Welcome to the Multistars Forum, if you're new make sure to read the rules and remember to introduce yourself! Remember to Like us on Facebook!

Author Topic: Jay's blog in English (new post 1st May)  (Read 108955 times)

Offline Mayni

• View Profile
Re: Jay's blog in English
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2011, 10:01:17 pm »
Well I found this on youtube today. I now wander if this video is the surprise Jay is talking about. This video is very cute and funny. Enjoy..............
Jay New MV

http://youtu.be/6XXIlRJzXSU
http://youtu.be/6XXIlRJzXSU
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 10:16:12 pm by varin »

Offline fluffythepen

• ♥♪LOVE JAY, LOVE MUSIC♪♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2011, 10:21:55 pm »
Ahah I 'm guessing it is!
Well, the song sounds *great*! buuuut it in my opinion, it'd be better without the autotune xD

Offline Emma

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2011, 01:50:19 am »
Er, sorry, but is it my ears gone wrong, or am I hearing two voices in that song? One is Jay and the other is... Xiao Mai? (very deaf person here.. got the flu currently, so pls excuse this.)

Offline janl

• View Profile
    • Jay Chou: His Royal DIAOness  A personal take on the King of Mandopop, his life and his works, incorporating pics, vids and links to relevant websites and forums.
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2011, 07:33:37 am »
It's Jay singing...definitely!

Such a sweet song....LOVE IT!!!
And LOVE Jay and Xiao Mai!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XXIlRJzXSU&feature=youtu.be
"我不是醫生,也不是魔術師,但卻能讓音樂活起來。
I'm not a doctor nor a magician, but I can make the music come alive."

Check out my blog and Facebook Page, Jay Chou Diaoness at: www.jaychoudiaoness.blogspot.com

and https://www.facebook.com/jaychoudiaoness

Offline Indoor Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2011, 12:36:49 pm »
Judging by the comments over there, this is it! I have an account, but my translations are nowhere near as good Kelvin's. From what I hear, the lyrics are really funny.  I can't wait to read the English translation for this one.

Offline havamahal

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2011, 04:05:24 pm »
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Offline kelvin

• Mr Chopperman!!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jay Chou Studio
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2011, 05:25:09 pm »
杰倫:倒數計時~~今天公佈

Jay: countdown~~it will be revealed today

杰倫:說好要讓大家嚇瘋跟笑瘋,首先會嚇瘋的原因有1拿自己旗下藝人的卡拉即興創作不同旋律,應該目前為止沒有一家唱片公司的老闆做過2唱了一個無關緊要的人,代表完全不求商業考量3對嘴的那個人不是原唱,原唱唱的是對嘴的那個人...很深奧吧?

Jay: I told you I'd shock you and make you smile like crazy, firstly the reason why it will give people a shock 1. using an artist under his own label's kala to create a unique melody, no record company boss has done such a thing before 2. singing about an insignificant person, it represents that it's not about commercial value at all 3. that person lip syncing is not the original singer, the original singer is that person lip syncing...it's very deep right?

杰倫:接下來笑瘋的原因我就不需多說了,除非你的幽默感有點問題,哈哈在我個人專輯之前先讓大家嚐點小麥...不,是小菜

Jay: Now the thing that will make you smile like crazy, I don't need to say any more, unless you have something wrong with your sense of humour, haha before my album I'll let everyone try a bit of Xiao Mai (wheat)....no, it's Xiao Cai (a small dish)

« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 05:29:15 pm by kelvin »

Offline havamahal

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2011, 12:43:20 pm »
3. that person lip syncing is not the original singer, the original singer is that person lip syncing...it's very deep right?

He's right about that. It's kind of funny, when you think about it. The song is supposed to be sung by Xiao Mai (according to lyrics), but Jay sings it and Xiao Mai lip-syncs it in MV. Interesting concept.

(No, Jay, there's nothing wrong with our sense of humour - we all agree it's funny. ;))

Thank you, kelvin!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 02:02:36 pm by havamahal »

dizzy888

Re: Jay's blog in English (new post 18th of May)
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2011, 03:26:46 pm »
That's awesome for Malaysia!!!  I love how Jay multitasks with filming and having a concert!!!  Hope he comes to California again and everyone please keep voting for him on the MTV awards so he will be in NEW YORK!!  At least I will know that he is in the same country as I am!!!  GO JAY GO!!!!!

Offline janl

• View Profile
    • Jay Chou: His Royal DIAOness  A personal take on the King of Mandopop, his life and his works, incorporating pics, vids and links to relevant websites and forums.
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2011, 10:58:40 am »

haha before my album I'll let everyone try a bit of Xiao Mai (wheat)....no, it's Xiao Cai (a small dish)[/color]

YES! He mentioned his album!!!!
Wish we knew when it'll be out but this is still reassuring. :)
"我不是醫生,也不是魔術師,但卻能讓音樂活起來。

Check out my blog and Facebook Page, Jay Chou Diaoness at: www.jaychoudiaoness.blogspot.com

Offline shammy12

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2011, 11:18:58 am »
Has anyone seen this?

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=197900663588706&comments

New album coming in July

Offline janl

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2011, 06:03:57 pm »
Thanks for posting, Shammy12!

Anyway, for those who wanna know what Jay said at this event for his friend, Taiwanese marathoner Kevin Lin:

At 0:24, Jay says he hopes his new song will accompany Lin as he runs. As he (Jay) has a 'weak body full of illnesses' (ti ruo duo bing)(Jay's self-deprecating humour there!) and can't accompany Kevin personally on the route, at least his music will be there.
The song will be like Nunchuks with a strong rhythm and electric guitars (let's hope there's no autotune!) and Jay feels it's a song which will fire people up with enthusiasm (zhen fen ren xin)

At 0:44, that's when Jay mentions July for his new album.

Narrator then mentions Jay's recent work in USA (TGH and Kobe commercial) and says Jay's breaking into overseas market.
At 1:02. Jay says over the years, he has made many new friends and he has accomplished stuff that he never thought he would. As such, he wants to make good use of the opportunity now, whilst he has some 'influence', to do good things. :)

« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 06:06:05 pm by janl »
"我不是醫生,也不是魔術師,但卻能讓音樂活起來。

Offline Teemeah

• Jay Chou is a true genius!
  • Supporting Jay in Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2011, 02:03:37 pm »
umm everyione's gonna kill me here but I dislike this song. The autotune is HORRIBLE. It really does seem like Jay became a huge fan of autotune and this makes me horrified that his new album will be be full of it....

The video itself is nice but is also kind of a hidden advertising place for McDonalds and Phantaci.
音乐像水,空气,阳光一样重要.只要有音乐你就不寂寞!Music is just as important as water, air and sunshine. As long as you have music, you will never be lonely. -- Jay Chou.

Offline Emma

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2011, 02:22:33 am »
umm everyione's gonna kill me here but I dislike this song. The autotune is HORRIBLE. It really does seem like Jay became a huge fan of autotune and this makes me horrified that his new album will be be full of it....

The video itself is nice but is also kind of a hidden advertising place for McDonalds and Phantaci.

Omg, Teemeah, I thought I was the only one here who felt that way. The song sounds like it was recorded in pronto time (you know how busy he is) hence the autotune. And the unashamed plugging of the Phantaci label is kinda like... tasteless.. and I doubt it was Jay's idea to put that in.  And the mv... Xiao Mai doesn't handle facial expressions very well, he's a dancer, not an actor/musician. Thank goodness this mv was made just for fun.

Sorry, Jay fans..
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 06:33:43 am by Emma »

Offline havamahal

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2011, 01:02:41 pm »
The song sounds like it was recorded in pronto time (you know how busy he is) hence the autotune.

You're right about that - I've read it was made in 4 hours.

And the unashamed plugging of the Phantaci label is kinda like... tasteless.. and I doubt it was Jay's idea to put that in.

It was Jay's idea, alright. It's his way of promoting the store and help his friends with it. *shrugs* I used to find it annoying, now I'm pretty much used to it and don't even mind.

Autotune I hate. Passionately. He better not put any more of it on the new album, otherwise I'll start revolution here. Asking JVR for English translation of their website will be nothing compared to that!  :icon_evil:  Please - no more autotune!