Welcome to the Multistars Forum, if you're new make sure to read the rules and remember to introduce yourself! Remember to Like us on Facebook!

Author Topic: [23/12/2012] Jay Chou films MV, invites Tai Zhi Yuan to play the eunuch  (Read 736 times)

Offline kelvin

• Mr Chopperman!!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jay Chou Studio
Translator: Ho (http://jaychoustudio.com)
Source: UDN

Jay Chou's new song "Eunuch Gets Headaches" mixes hip hop style with the topic of entering the imperial palace, the MV makes use of 150 people, they have also invited Tai Zhi Yuan to play the eunuch.

Jay Chou's next plugged song "Eunuch Gets Headaches", mixes hip hop style with the topic of entering the imperial palace, Vincent Fang's lyrics describes a poor scholar who comes first in the entrance exams and enters imperial palace, the filming of the MV is big, a few days ago they used 150 people both in front of camera and behind scenes while filming in Beijing, they invited Tai Zhi Yuan to play the grandpa.

Jay Chou himself wore an altered clothing of a court councilor, his ancient look was still very much "in trend", he even led the eunuchs to dance "hip hop eunuch dance".

The MV for "Eunuch Gets Headaches" is humorous and interesting, there are plenty of laughs, Tai Zhi Yuan once won the Best Supporting Actor for his role in "Justice Bao", this time he got really into playing the "eunuch".

Tai Zhi Yuan imitated a media boss saying to Jay Chou, "I myself have been a eunuch for many years, so I will share my experience of being castrated with everyone! Hahaha..." Jay Chou choked with laughter.

Tai Zhi Yuan also gave praise, Jay Chou's idea is very new, the speed of filming was very fast, his technique is new, he even smiled saying "the MV used eunuchs of the Ming Dynasty, emperor, but the dancing zombies is Qing Dynasty."

Jay Chou said, "It's trendy to switch between modern and ancient nowadays, even though it's not logical but it's very fun."

There are a lot of big scenes in this MV, being the director Jay Chou controlled the whole scene with his microphone, he personally demonstrated a lot of the detailed actions, he was very particular about everything on set.
The following users thanked this post: janl, Studio Era, j0yceann

Offline janl

• View Profile
    • Jay Chou: His Royal DIAOness  A personal take on the King of Mandopop, his life and his works, incorporating pics, vids and links to relevant websites and forums.
Re: [23/12/2012] Jay Chou films MV, invites Tai Zhi Yuan to play the eunuch
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 10:11:18 am »
Here's the BTS vid from JVR, which shammy12 already posted in Jay Videos but I'll put it here as well:

"我不是醫生,也不是魔術師,但卻能讓音樂活起來。
I'm not a doctor nor a magician, but I can make the music come alive."

Check out my blog and Facebook Page, Jay Chou Diaoness at: www.jaychoudiaoness.blogspot.com

and https://www.facebook.com/jaychoudiaoness
The following users thanked this post: noreen

Offline Studio Era

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 11:33:51 am »
It's so cool that Jay's doing historical stuff. You don't see that everyday with other artists. ;)
Life is a Self Directed and Acted Creation.

Offline j0yceann

• Jay Chou ROCKS!!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 01:16:29 pm »
Jay Chou is really unbelievable, incomparable, incredible, etc. Looking forward to this MV.  Hats off to Jay

Offline jaychoufanatic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 05:16:38 pm »
what was the purpose of Eunuchs in China? I'm curious to know.

Offline janl

• View Profile
    • Jay Chou: His Royal DIAOness  A personal take on the King of Mandopop, his life and his works, incorporating pics, vids and links to relevant websites and forums.
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 05:54:14 pm »

They were manservants who had been castrated so there would be no danger of them consorting sexually with anyone in the royal family and starting their own dynasties.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eunuch
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 05:58:20 pm by janl »
"我不是醫生,也不是魔術師,但卻能讓音樂活起來。

Check out my blog and Facebook Page, Jay Chou Diaoness at: www.jaychoudiaoness.blogspot.com

The following users thanked this post: j0yceann

Offline j0yceann

• Jay Chou ROCKS!!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 01:20:29 am »

They were manservants who had been castrated so there would be no danger of them consorting sexually with anyone in the royal family and starting their own dynasties.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eunuch

WOW! very informative @janl
The following users thanked this post: janl

Offline Studio Era

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 11:28:35 am »
I wonder why it's called "Gong gong". I've always heard it as "Tai Jian". :P
Life is a Self Directed and Acted Creation.

Offline janl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2012, 01:28:41 pm »
I wonder why it's called "Gong gong". I've always heard it as "Tai Jian". :P

According to my research, the term 'gong gong' was used by the Imperial Grand Secretaries to address the eunuchs who were the Ceremonial Directors, in an ingratiating manner so as to gain favour.

http://books.google.com.sg/books?id=Ka6jNJcX_ygC&pg=PA226&lpg=PA226&dq=eunuchs+gong+gong&source=bl&ots=FlUCWf1LS9&sig=Ua3dnBS12I3OuOs_h8JicOmt4O8&hl=en&sa=X&ei=2p3YUMCHLsrLrQfAqYDQCw&ved=0CDgQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=eunuchs%20gong%20gong&f=false
"我不是醫生,也不是魔術師,但卻能讓音樂活起來。

The following users thanked this post: gre3n_mermaid, Studio Era, j0yceann