Welcome to the Multistars Forum, if you're new make sure to read the rules and remember to introduce yourself! Remember to Like us on Facebook!

Author Topic: [18/01/2013] Director Chou edits movie for 30hr, only stops to spend his birthday with his mother  (Read 608 times)

Offline kelvin

• Mr Chopperman!!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jay Chou Studio
Translator: Ho (http://jaychoustudio.com)
Source: Chinatimes

Jay Chou with his birthday cake

Jay Chou's movie "The Rooftop" has entered post production, he is eager to see the results, he spends all night editing, his longest record staying in the editing studio is 30 hours, he doesn't leave work, the other staff don't dare to leave, on his birthday on the 18th, the staff gave him a "director's cut cake" to celebrate his birthday, he smiled saying: "They let me eat cake, they want to make me happy and make me go home early and not edit anymore. This year for my birthday I'm going home to eat with my mom, I'll stop working for a day!" "The Rooftop" was expected to be released in March but has been delayed until June.

He has made the editing studio like his home, the staff call him "crazy editor", he said: "Editing is like clothing your newly born child, you have to watch every shot, every scene, watch it until morning, you have to choose, rejoin things, there's no time for sleep." He said when "The Rooftop" finished filming, he didn't feel very excited, but seeing the highlights that have come out from the editing he suddenly feels very touched.
The following users thanked this post: janl, Studio Era, chie, j0yceann

Offline janl

• View Profile
    • Jay Chou: His Royal DIAOness  A personal take on the King of Mandopop, his life and his works, incorporating pics, vids and links to relevant websites and forums.
Lol!!

His staff are all wishing that he'd go home so that THEY can!
But when one is caught up in something like that, there's just the compulsive need to see it through...screw sleep!
On Kangxi Lai Le, Jay mentioned that all those hours in the editing studio are quite lonely...at which point, Xiao S and Kevin immediately pounced on disbelievingly...lol! 'cos they had been ribbing him relentlessly about Hannah before that. ;)

Here a some nice pics to add to the thread:

"我不是醫生,也不是魔術師,但卻能讓音樂活起來。
I'm not a doctor nor a magician, but I can make the music come alive."

Check out my blog and Facebook Page, Jay Chou Diaoness at: www.jaychoudiaoness.blogspot.com

and https://www.facebook.com/jaychoudiaoness
The following users thanked this post: Studio Era

Offline Studio Era

• View Profile
That is the coolest cake ever. :) It's too awesome to be eaten! ><
Life is a Self Directed and Acted Creation.

Offline j0yceann

• Jay Chou ROCKS!!! <3
    • View Profile
"Editing is like clothing your newly born child, you have to watch every shot, every scene, watch it until morning, you have to choose, rejoin things, there's no time for sleep."

totally agree with jay. I remember, everytime I edit a video I never sleep. once you're in there, you don't have the guts to stop.. all you want to do is to see the outcome for your work.. hahaha..

I miss editing videos..:(