Welcome to the Multistars Forum, if you're new make sure to read the rules and remember to introduce yourself! Remember to Like us on Facebook!

Poll

Is Jay Chou still famous like a few years ago? In Chinese and Taiwan's Entertainment?

Yes
5 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: February 26, 2014, 07:29:54 pm

Author Topic: Jay Still Famous or Not (Future?)  (Read 2150 times)

Offline dmonic bryan

• Stand Tall Like a Flag
    • View Profile
    • Come here!!
Jay Still Famous or Not (Future?)
« on: February 16, 2014, 07:29:54 pm »
I actually donít know about Chinese and Taiwan's entertainment.. So, this is my way to answer that. Please be honest..  :happy-clinkglass:  :happy-clinkglass:
Always think positivie - Joe.-

Offline jaychoufanatic

• View Profile
Re: Jay Still Famous or Not (Future?)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 10:20:15 pm »
Of course. Wasn't his latest tour sold out?

Offline dmonic bryan

• Stand Tall Like a Flag
    • View Profile
    • Come here!!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 12:37:14 am »
Of course. Wasn't his latest tour sold out?

I actually should say yes. But, it'll really confusing for the album.  :huh-help:
Well the concert was good, coz he mixed between technology and music.
but his next album will determine of everything. i have a wish for jay remind about ye hui mei and common jasmine orange, which is really good. and just back to half jay in the past..  :happy-yeah:

And thank you for jaychoufnatic to voted this poll. but the important one is, he still became a huge discussion in TVs, newspapers, megazines, also another social media..  :nunchuck:  :violent-bruce:  :buttrock:

Offline kuso

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 01:43:07 pm »
Obviously still famous, but he is not as dominant as he was during the "golden years".

A lot of his older fans have grown up and become less "idol obssessed". He is getting slightly old to appeal to younger fans. Younger fans tend to flock to Kpop for idol obssession (which really comes and goes in waves, with older artists dissappearing and new ones appearing) which was not there during Jay's golden years.

Theres lots of new competition, thanks to technology/Youtube which produces many new stars that may not have had a chance in the old days.

His movie results pretty much points to these.

I reckon after Secret/On the Run/2007 was the start of his decline in dominance. Maybe a bit earlier but it was where it got apparent.

I've been on this forum & jay-chou.net since Common Jasmine/2004 which was bustling with activity back then. In 2008 it really started dieing down, with jay-chou.net closing down and this forum getting quiet. Recent two years on this forum has been dead silent. Well done Kelvin for still keeping it up.

All this points to that he is NOT AS popular as he was back during his golden times.

Offline kelvin

• Mr Chopperman!!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jay Chou Studio
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 04:59:25 pm »
^ pretty much what kuso said, i think Jay is still pretty popular in Asia, his popularity has probably died down a bit internationally. Unlike kpop Jay doesn't release English versions or Japanese versions for that matter.

Offline jaychoufanatic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 05:07:51 pm »
Obviously still famous, but he is not as dominant as he was during the "golden years".

A lot of his older fans have grown up and become less "idol obssessed". He is getting slightly old to appeal to younger fans. Younger fans tend to flock to Kpop for idol obssession (which really comes and goes in waves, with older artists dissappearing and new ones appearing) which was not there during Jay's golden years.

Theres lots of new competition, thanks to technology/Youtube which produces many new stars that may not have had a chance in the old days.

His movie results pretty much points to these.

I reckon after Secret/On the Run/2007 was the start of his decline in dominance. Maybe a bit earlier but it was where it got apparent.

I've been on this forum & jay-chou.net since Common Jasmine/2004 which was bustling with activity back then. In 2008 it really started dieing down, with jay-chou.net closing down and this forum getting quiet. Recent two years on this forum has been dead silent. Well done Kelvin for still keeping it up.

All this points to that he is NOT AS popular as he was back during his golden times.

I wish more of his fans could be like me. I became a major fan in 2004 when I was 17-18. Now I'm 27 and I'm still just as crazy about his music as I was back then. I'll die old age before I stop being a major fan, But if there's an afterlife than my obsession for his music will last forever.

Offline janl

• View Profile
    • Jay Chou: His Royal DIAOness  A personal take on the King of Mandopop, his life and his works, incorporating pics, vids and links to relevant websites and forums.
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 09:33:33 pm »
Yes, the forum has gone very quiet but it's more likely because there are now other platforms for discussion and sharing.
Facebook has loads of Pages and Groups for him, two of which I set up.
There's more immediacy and ease of posting updates and pics which is why my activity level here has gone down somewhat....sorry, Kelvin!
Plus I'm writing my own blog on him, which is linked to the Facebook Page.

That said, I feel his music is unique and will live on no matter what.
He's likely to keep trying new avenues of entertainment whilst keeping his principal values and beliefs intact.
As for his stubborness in sticking with Mandarin, well, I think that's just him being proud of being Chinese, popularity be damned.
I'm proud of him for that.

"我不是醫生,也不是魔術師,但卻能讓音樂活起來。
I'm not a doctor nor a magician, but I can make the music come alive."

Check out my blog and Facebook Page, Jay Chou Diaoness at: www.jaychoudiaoness.blogspot.com

and https://www.facebook.com/jaychoudiaoness
The following users thanked this post: JayMusicGirl

Offline dmonic bryan

• Stand Tall Like a Flag
    • View Profile
    • Come here!!
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 07:03:19 pm »
Famous in my mind is no matter about amount of awards that he got during the time, but, when he released a new album, held concerts, also published a movie, that a lots thing became a great news in every part of entertainments.

I make sure to my self (he is still famous) from the first episode of the brain, while he was really eye catching, and everybody are clapped their hand when he start to talk,..

That's famous!!! Diaoo!!!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 12:21:53 am by dmonic bryan »