The Multistars Forum, NTS and JCS will be closing down soon!

Author Topic: Official 13th Album Thread  (Read 15228 times)

Offline kuso

• View Profile
Re: Official 13th Album Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2014, 11:55:09 am »
Just picked up something interesting when I was reviewing videos of the Sydney concert..

When he lets fans pick 2 songs he goes "I need to remind you guys in case you guys forget me..We need to revise otherwise we forget, so lets sing songs from long long time ago..lets get the audience to pick the songs..dosn't this feel more sincere ?"

So he says sing songs from long time ago, THEN he says let the audience pick songs. Is he subconsciously admitting  that older songs will be picked/are preferred, because he knows that if audience picks songs, they will pick  the older songs..

Hopefully its true that he is going back to old style for the new album, at least a mix of old and new I would be happy.

Offline jaychoufanatic

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2014, 11:30:59 pm »
Is Jay gonna have enough time to complete it before July? He's been doing concert after concert. It seems like he hasn't had time to work on his album this month.

Offline jaychoufanatic

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2014, 12:34:57 am »
Anyone else hear about any updates about the new album?

Offline kuso

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2014, 12:37:14 pm »
According to janl's FB page, he was spotted in Japan filming MV. Nothing concrete though it could just be an TV ad or something.

I have a feeling this will be pushhhed back..again.

I think his China tour (I think, if the JVR site calendar is correct) has finished so hopefully we get some news on this.

Offline jaychoufanatic

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2014, 10:46:20 am »
I would love to hear something like this in Jay's new album. Totally Jay Chou style.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 03:13:45 pm by jaychoufanatic »

Offline kuso

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2014, 06:54:43 am »
Something along those lines would be amazing..

Offline jaychoufanatic

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2014, 12:14:43 am »

I feel like it's wishful thinking though. Jay doesn't seem to wanna do that style of music anymore. Oh well.

Offline kuso

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2014, 09:27:08 am »

I feel like it's wishful thinking though. Jay doesn't seem to wanna do that style of music anymore. Oh well.

Yeah..some people argue Four Season Train, Piano Hurt, Shadow Puppetry are that style but they are nothing like the old rap ones. I will wait forever for one though.
The following users thanked this post: dmonic bryan

Offline jaychoufanatic

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2014, 11:29:11 pm »

Yeah..some people argue Four Season Train, Piano Hurt, Shadow Puppetry are that style but they are nothing like the old rap ones. I will wait forever for one though.

Yeah, so true.

Offline newjay

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2014, 12:39:43 pm »
A recommendation for the admin.I think the Rooftop soundtrack should be added to the discography page
The following users thanked this post: kelvin

Offline newjay

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2014, 09:33:03 am »
In addition to Rooftop soundtrack,also missing from discography page is Jay Chou 2007 World Tour Concert Live(track 21 is Kung Fu Dunk song studio version) and 2010 The Era World Tours Concert Live

Offline kuso

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2014, 02:52:29 am »
Bad signs..

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=630178707093320

More "stupid" stuff on his album. This is probably the theme as he previously said it was "Chou Humour" style. I think we had enough of that for the last 2 album..being a sailor and riding a unicorn.

Album gets more kid-themed the older he gets. I can totaly imagine the album will be full of songs like Ukele, Eunuch, Princess Syndrome, Uncle Joker, Cowboy.

Offline jingling

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2014, 10:15:17 pm »
Jay Chou's album have been confirmed for release in December by Vincent Fang on his Weibo:

"周同學新專輯昨凌晨終於全部錄好了,網友們可放心,此專輯會收錄超過十首歌,12月份確定會發行的"

Translation:

"We just finished recording Student Chou's new album last night. Everyone can be assured, this album has over ten songs, confirmed for released in December."

Original Weibo post: http://www.weibo.com/1277127435/Bsolh5008?mod=weibotime

Bad signs..

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=630178707093320

More "stupid" stuff on his album. This is probably the theme as he previously said it was "Chou Humour" style. I think we had enough of that for the last 2 album..being a sailor and riding a unicorn.

Album gets more kid-themed the older he gets. I can totaly imagine the album will be full of songs like Ukele, Eunuch, Princess Syndrome, Uncle Joker, Cowboy.

The glasses do look wacky, but I still have high hopes for this new album! After all, I've been waiting for two years. T_T I won't lose hope until the singles come out...or the whole album... >.>''
The following users thanked this post: kelvin, kuso

Offline kelvin

• Mr Chopperman!!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jay Chou Studio
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2014, 04:27:43 am »
I'm guessing he's going with 12 to match December. Hopefully it's quality and not filler songs.

The glasses are worrying but might just be prop ideas for the cover.
The following users thanked this post: kuso

Offline kuso

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2014, 05:31:08 am »
Thanks jinling..good that Vincent confirms it. Hope Jay didn't rush it just to get it out this year or get it out of the way before wedding.

Kelvin: probably 12 songs for Dec 12 ? The glasses has been said to be used for first single..we can pretty much rule out a ballad or rap, will be some humourous/fantasy song. I bet part of it he will sing in quirky voice or something.

Ever since Capricorn (start of "downfall") all his album covers were fantasy themed & Exclamation Mark being cartoon themed being the worst album. I can't get my hopes up for a "normal"/awesome Jay album but still looking forward to it, expecting dissappointment.