Welcome to the Multistars Forum, if you're new make sure to read the rules and remember to introduce yourself! Remember to Like us on Facebook!

Author Topic: [18/08/2014] Jay Chou to push male group, new album delayed  (Read 4419 times)

Offline kelvin

• Mr Chopperman!!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jay Chou Studio
[18/08/2014] Jay Chou to push male group, new album delayed
« on: August 18, 2014, 04:12:04 pm »
Translator: Ho (http://jaychoustudio.com)
Source: UDN

Jay Chou's new album delayed

Jay Chou plans to form a group consisting of good friends Ice Cream, Xiao Mai and Ken, they'll be an alternative brand male group, he is busy helping with the release of their album, his own album is delayed until end of October / beginning of November but everything will depend on how Jay's recording goes.

Offline kuso

• View Profile
Re: [18/08/2014] Jay Chou to push male group, new album delayed
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 08:47:36 am »
Are you farken kiddin me..push back album ok as expected probably not getting it this year but boy group of Ice Cream/Xiao Mai/Ken..OMFG. What a friggin waste of time, they are not singers..they are not even musicians like Gary/Zhang Jie/Yuhao were. Seriously NO ONE that Jay "formed" have found any success.

Drifters..failed. Don't sing anymore and one guy dissappeared while Darren just acts some drama and stars in Jay's works.
NQMM..were never popular, always connected with Jay's name, disbanded, no one really cares about them.
Gary: 1 album, failed HARD..
Cindy/Lara: good music but not popular outside Jay fan circle

He still hasn't learnt his lesson and now wants to push DANCERS into singing ????? WDF...

Offline jaychoufanatic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 11:41:56 pm »
Are you farken kiddin me..push back album ok as expected probably not getting it this year but boy group of Ice Cream/Xiao Mai/Ken..OMFG. What a friggin waste of time, they are not singers..they are not even musicians like Gary/Zhang Jie/Yuhao were. Seriously NO ONE that Jay "formed" have found any success.

Drifters..failed. Don't sing anymore and one guy dissappeared while Darren just acts some drama and stars in Jay's works.
NQMM..were never popular, always connected with Jay's name, disbanded, no one really cares about them.
Gary: 1 album, failed HARD..
Cindy/Lara: good music but not popular outside Jay fan circle

He still hasn't learnt his lesson and now wants to push DANCERS into singing ????? WDF...

This also pissed me off, and he's already delayed his album like 5 times before this.

Offline janl

• View Profile
    • Jay Chou: His Royal DIAOness  A personal take on the King of Mandopop, his life and his works, incorporating pics, vids and links to relevant websites and forums.
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 04:31:59 am »
Lol...it must be that stubborn and perverse streak in Jay which is making him do this.
What else can we say when the man has made up his mind??
"我不是醫生,也不是魔術師,但卻能讓音樂活起來。
I'm not a doctor nor a magician, but I can make the music come alive."

Check out my blog and Facebook Page, Jay Chou Diaoness at: www.jaychoudiaoness.blogspot.com

and https://www.facebook.com/jaychoudiaoness

Offline kuso

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 05:02:51 am »
While Jay is messing around with this sort of stuff he just lost the top spot for most liked Taiwanese artist on FB. This is the cloest indicator to "popularity" at least in terms of social media. Rainie Yang overtook Jay. I remember a couple of years ago Rainie only had half Jay's likes. Other artists like Show and Leehom are catching up to Jay too, increasing at a much faster rate.

But they deserve it. They all worked hard and produced great albums in recent years while Jay's just suffered in quality while he mucked around in different stuff.

This is real..the decline of Jay Chou, but at least he had an amazing 10 years.."The Era" of 2000-2010 which I reckon he will never be able to get back to.

Offline jaychoufanatic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 12:42:03 am »
While Jay is messing around with this sort of stuff he just lost the top spot for most liked Taiwanese artist on FB. This is the cloest indicator to "popularity" at least in terms of social media. Rainie Yang overtook Jay. I remember a couple of years ago Rainie only had half Jay's likes. Other artists like Show and Leehom are catching up to Jay too, increasing at a much faster rate.

But they deserve it. They all worked hard and produced great albums in recent years while Jay's just suffered in quality while he mucked around in different stuff.

This is real..the decline of Jay Chou, but at least he had an amazing 10 years.."The Era" of 2000-2010 which I reckon he will never be able to get back to.

More like The Era of 2000-2005. November's Chopin was his last amazing album.

Offline jaychoufanatic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 08:52:05 pm »

...But I still believe he'll come back with a bang and show all these kpop queers who's still the king of Asian pop.

Offline kuso

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 02:58:32 am »
...But I still believe he'll come back with a bang and show all these kpop queers who's still the king of Asian pop.

Nice, strong faith ! As expected from you..

However I don't think he will ever be as popular as Kpop in the West like PSY.

Definitely will be the King of Chinese pop for a long time thanks to riding on his past waves that he's built. I do hope he comes back and please the old fans first. (does he have any new fans ?? yes but not much..)

Offline jaychoufanatic

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2014, 09:47:11 am »

Nice, strong faith ! As expected from you..

However I don't think he will ever be as popular as Kpop in the West like PSY.

Definitely will be the King of Chinese pop for a long time thanks to riding on his past waves that he's built. I do hope he comes back and please the old fans first. (does he have any new fans ?? yes but not much..)
Yes but Psy's popularity in the West doesn't count. He's a one hit wonder over here, and it seems people have already forgotten about him.

Offline kuso

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 09:38:02 am »
Early November seems to be the date.

The album might just be called Mr J.

Offline jaychoufanatic

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2014, 09:10:03 am »
Early November seems to be the date.

13th album
The album might just be called Mr J.

I doubt the album is gonna be called MrJ. I'm not sure but I think it's saying Mr J's 13th album. He's probably gonna surprise us with a better title than that. This is just the promotional stage. I don;t think they're releasing anything about the album yet. This is really exciting though!

Offline dmonic bryan

• Stand Tall Like a Flag
    • View Profile
    • Come here!!
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2014, 08:43:24 pm »
Keep calm, then see the real album next month.
Wasting time to discussing which just give negative opinions towards Jay 13'rd album.
Good luck for this hot topic and quotes.. :D LOL
Always think positivie - Joe.-

Offline kuso

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2014, 03:10:49 am »
Pushed back to December now. I don't think we will see it this year, been pushed back since July. It will be 2 years since Opus if he releases it in December.

Offline jaychoufanatic

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2014, 12:46:21 pm »
Pushed back to December now. I don't think we will see it this year, been pushed back since July. It will be 2 years since Opus if he releases it in December.
Actually it's been pushed back since April. I don't think he realizes how much he's being a dick to his fans right now. If it's delayed because he needs more time to finish it, then I understand that, but if he delayed it because he needs time to plan his wedding, then that makes him a dick, after he promised us that his new album was the first priority. I'm starting to hate what he's becoming. I wonder if he really even cares about music anymore or if he just does it to make more money and keep his fanbase. If this album  isn't all kinds of awesome then I'm not gonna consider him an artist anymore. I'd finally say that Jay Chou( at least the musical genius that we once loved) is dead.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 03:00:27 pm by jaychoufanatic »

Offline kuso

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2014, 03:07:43 am »
Actually it's been pushed back since April. I don't think he realizes how much he's being a dick to his fans right now. If it's delayed because he needs more time to finish it, then I understand that, but if he delayed it because he needs time to plan his wedding, then that makes him a dick, after he promised us that his new album was the first priority. I'm starting to hate what he's becoming. I wonder if he really even cares about music anymore or if he just does it to make more money and keep his fanbase. If this album  isn't all kinds of awesome then I'm not gonna consider him an artist anymore. I'd finally say that Jay Chou( at least the musical genius that we once loved) is dead.

He has time for crap like starting boybands that no one will ever like, going on shows in China, attending promotional events for useless stuff like antivirus softwares and no time to make an album that is a year late.

The musical genius has been dormant for years now, I don't think it's gona wake up. Most likely not this album. This is from the other article Kelvin just posted up: "I hope I can get it out to everyone as soon as possible, but I can only let people hear it when it's good. The new album has a lot of variety in terms of themes, the style is a bit of a Chou humour feel.""

OMFG, more "happy" humour songs like Sailor, Cowboy, Eunuch, Ukele, Princess Syndrome...we're going to be in a for a big dissapointment.

Did we have ANY of these songs in the old GREAT albums ?? Nop we had themes of war, kungfu, sad love stories.

When will he farken realise ?? Probably never, with his marriage and him feeling old..