Welcome to the Multistars Forum, if you're new make sure to read the rules and remember to introduce yourself! Remember to Like us on Facebook!

Author Topic: [06/11/2014] Jay Chou tries his hand at Hollywood again, rubbing shoulders with Morgan Freeman  (Read 1965 times)

Offline kelvin

• Mr Chopperman!!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jay Chou Studio
Translator: Ho (http://jaychoustudio.com)
Source: UDN

Jay Chou to star in Now You See Me 2

Before his marriage Jay Chou getting luckier with his stardom, he has been invited to star in the Hollywood movie "Now You See Me 2", he will be staring with A-class star Morgan Freeman, Mark Ruffalo and Daniel Radcliffe, Jay Chou's agent Yang Jun Rong stated, the movie production crew sent out an invite, and with the script being even better than the first one, the story is related to magic and so they decided to accept it, when Jay Chou heard about it, he was especially surprised but he agreed straight away.

After filming "The Green Hornet", Jay Chou has been cautious about picking Hollywood scripts, even Cameron Diaz, who he worked with back then, has asked Jay Chou to come to Hollywood more often to film movies, it's been half a year since she said that, Jay Chou indeed will come to Hollywood for a second time, not just that but with big stars around him, in December he will head to England to film this movie, Jay Chou stated, he once saw the first "Now You See Me", he never thought he would be accepting the invitation to the sequel, even if his schedule was full he would make time to be in it.

Jay Chou will be releasing his 13th new album at the end of December, on the 27th of December he has a concert in Singapore, he has many invitations for the New Year concerts so he will probably accept one. Thus Jay Chou estimates that after the concert in Hong Kong is finished in November, he will focus on the MVs for the new songs, at the beginning of December he will head to London to film the movie, the schedule is "hurriedly", about the role, even though we already know he is called "Li", his personality and features have not been made public, he is full of mystery, Yang Jun Rong revealed Jay Chou's character is very interesting.

Half a month ago, Jay Chou participated in an event in Hainan, at the time he met Morgan Freeman, the two chatted, not long after that, rumours were abound the two here collaborating, the two's collaboration is highly anticipated. When Jay Chou's colleague Devon found out Director Chou was going to film "Now You See Me 2", he sent a text to Jay to praise him, Jay responded: "Not bad right? So diao!"

Jay Chou spent half a year learning English for "The Green Hornet", now he will be acting in English again, he will probably practise his English conversational skills whenever he has free time, as for the fee? Yang Jun Rong stated, the fee isn't important, the important thing is the role is matches Jay Chou.
The following users thanked this post: janl

Offline janl

• View Profile
    • Jay Chou: His Royal DIAOness  A personal take on the King of Mandopop, his life and his works, incorporating pics, vids and links to relevant websites and forums.
Just the right movie for Mr Chou!
Now we know why he was in LA earlier this year.

His schedule will be packed in December, what with album release, NYSM2 filming, MVs, wedding preparations....I'm getting breathless!

Let's hope his English is better this time round....but then again, if he plays the role of a magician, maybe he won't have that much to say.

Can't wait!
"我不是醫生,也不是魔術師,但卻能讓音樂活起來。
I'm not a doctor nor a magician, but I can make the music come alive."

Check out my blog and Facebook Page, Jay Chou Diaoness at: www.jaychoudiaoness.blogspot.com

and https://www.facebook.com/jaychoudiaoness

Offline kuso

• View Profile
Wow big news..but looks like it will be pretty forgetable movie (for non Jay people) like TGH..

The new director John M Chu has pretty bad reviews for most of his movies. Maybe he speaks some Chinese ?

Although if Morgan Freeman is in it would be interesting as it definitely opens up more doors in the future.

At least it's not a martials art asian role(I think ?)

Time to go watch the first movie..

Offline janl

• View Profile
    • Jay Chou: His Royal DIAOness  A personal take on the King of Mandopop, his life and his works, incorporating pics, vids and links to relevant websites and forums.
@kuso:

The first movie was really good!
You mean you have not watched it yet??
"我不是醫生,也不是魔術師,但卻能讓音樂活起來。

Check out my blog and Facebook Page, Jay Chou Diaoness at: www.jaychoudiaoness.blogspot.com

Offline kuso

• View Profile
Ye I have not watched first one, nver heard of it until today to be honest. Looks like it had good reviews but I am a little worried about change of most of its cast and director.

I wonder if they invited Jay or Jay applied for the role. Also wonder about if he's applying other Hollywood or if other people are inviting him to other movies.

With the wedding and filming in America I really hope the album is already done. This is a very important one as it's been 2 years since the last release..Opus album name was revealed exactly a month before its release and we are not hearing much news about it..My guess & hope is it will be release Feb-Apr next year. I rather he delay it then rush it, this one is just too important.

EDIT: in other news, Chris Evans (Captain America) is in Taiwan filming a commercial, perfect chance for Jay to "rub more shoulders" if he has the time (probably not) seeing as they met at Mission Hills.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 04:02:14 pm by kuso »

Offline janl

• View Profile
"我不是醫生,也不是魔術師,但卻能讓音樂活起來。

Offline jaychoufanatic

• View Profile
Ye I have not watched first one, nver heard of it until today to be honest. Looks like it had good reviews but I am a little worried about change of most of its cast and director.

I wonder if they invited Jay or Jay applied for the role. Also wonder about if he's applying other Hollywood or if other people are inviting him to other movies.

With the wedding and filming in America I really hope the album is already done. This is a very important one as it's been 2 years since the last release..Opus album name was revealed exactly a month before its release and we are not hearing much news about it..My guess & hope is it will be release Feb-Apr next year. I rather he delay it then rush it, this one is just too important.

EDIT: in other news, Chris Evans (Captain America) is in Taiwan filming a commercial, perfect chance for Jay to "rub more shoulders" if he has the time (probably not) seeing as they met at Mission Hills.

It wasn't exactly a month. It was somewhere between December 1st and December 10th that the Opus album name was revealed. And then the release of the album was in late December.

Offline dmonic bryan

• Stand Tall Like a Flag
    • View Profile
    • Come here!!
I didn't give any comment becase it was really great news. For someone who still not belive that our Jay is the diao, just shut up then watch how wonderful he is. :D
Always think positivie - Joe.-

Offline kuso

• View Profile
Just saw something interesting on IMDB. Jay is credied to the soundtrack of http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2788710/?ref_=_1

A upcoming Seth Rogen film and apparently it includes Cowboy on the Run song as it's credited there. Weird. They should've got Jay to guest star a bit.

Offline janl

• View Profile
Yes, I saw that too but without any other definite news.
"我不是醫生,也不是魔術師,但卻能讓音樂活起來。