Welcome to the Multistars Forum, if you're new make sure to read the rules and remember to introduce yourself! Remember to Like us on Facebook!

Author Topic: [03/12/2014] Jay Chou's new album called "Aiyo, not bad"  (Read 3696 times)

Offline kelvin

• Mr Chopperman!!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jay Chou Studio
[03/12/2014] Jay Chou's new album called "Aiyo, not bad"
« on: December 03, 2014, 05:11:28 pm »
Translator: Ho (http://jaychoustudio.com)
Source: Sina

Jay Chou in promotional photo for new album Aiyo, Not BadJay Chou poses looking like Charlie ChaplinJay Chou in weird sack-like suitJay Chou's new song Extra Large Shoe Size

According to Taiwanese media reports, Jay Chou will release his new album before he gets married at the beginning of next year, he's a funny guy and so named his album after his catchphrase "Aiyo, not bad", he even wore a black top hat to transform into Charlie Chaplin, but the cutest thing of all is the custom made large wooden shoes he wore for his new song "Extra Large Shoe Size", he needed help to get the shoes on, add to that the sack-like jacket, trousers, he looked really comedic.

The first plugged song "Extra Large Shoe Size" is composed by him with Vincent Fang writing the lyrics, he said: "This time I especially wrote a retro style song Extra Large Shoe Size, it's a hip hop rap song, the lyrics are very rich and interesting, it's got the humour of Charlie Chaplin, I hope everyone can become happier and happier as they listen to my song!" He wore extra large shoes to shoot the promotional photos, the new song will premiere on Hit Fm on the 5th of December, the new album will start pre-orders on the 10th of December and will be officially released on the 26th.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 05:15:55 pm by kelvin »
The following users thanked this post: jingling

Offline kuso

• View Profile
Re: [03/12/2014] Jay Chou's new album called "Aiyo, not bad"
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 08:55:08 pm »
it's got the humour of Charlie Chaplin, I hope everyone can become happier and happier as they listen to my song!"

I duno about that, I am happier when i hear this dark songs/sad love songs and sad when i hear his kiddy happy songs.

Offline jingling

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 12:47:58 am »
Well, here's a super short preview of his main song.

Sounds like a fun song...but I'm still waiting for the ballads...
The following users thanked this post: kelvin

Offline jaychoufanatic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 02:39:41 am »
it's got the humour of Charlie Chaplin, I hope everyone can become happier and happier as they listen to my song!"

I duno about that, I am happier when i hear this dark songs/sad love songs and sad when i hear his kiddy happy songs.

But this song's melody is dark. So far this is above my expectations! This is the definition of classic Jay. A dark rap song with a bit of humor. Go back and listen to Chaotic Dance of Spring and Autumn or Hong Mo Fang and you'll see what I mean. :) Here is a longer preview of the song + behind the scenes video of the photoshoot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4B0wnB0XD4&feature=youtu.be

Offline kuso

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 11:32:49 am »

But this song's melody is dark. So far this is above my expectations! This is the definition of classic Jay. A dark rap song with a bit of humor. Go back and listen to Chaotic Dance of Spring and Autumn or Hong Mo Fang and you'll see what I mean. :) Here is a longer preview of the song + behind the scenes video of the photoshoot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4B0wnB0XD4&feature=youtu.be

YESSSSS now this is a song that I repeated many times, and its just the preview. Reminds us of the old Jay. Love the song, dark rap. Hopefully we get one more of this. I'm fine with this humour when the song is good.

So far one awesome song and one crap song (Yangminshan, there is no way I will like that song). And Listen to Father I am on the fence at the moment, sounded good but need to listen to full version and see if it's forgetable.

This album looking much better than last 2 already.

I don't really like Jay imitating other characters for themes for his MVs. Like how he imitated Inception from his Ecstacy MV. Now Chaplin in this MV. I'm sure there are more examples of this. He should be unique and not be too obvious in direct imitation. Oh well just small MV rant.

Offline jaychoufanatic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 11:59:26 am »

YESSSSS now this is a song that I repeated many times, and its just the preview. Reminds us of the old Jay. Love the song, dark rap. Hopefully we get one more of this. I'm fine with this humour when the song is good.

So far one awesome song and one crap song (Yangminshan, there is no way I will like that song). And Listen to Father I am on the fence at the moment, sounded good but need to listen to full version and see if it's forgetable.

This album looking much better than last 2 already.

I don't really like Jay imitating other characters for themes for his MVs. Like how he imitated Inception from his Ecstacy MV. Now Chaplin in this MV. I'm sure there are more examples of this. He should be unique and not be too obvious in direct imitation. Oh well just small MV rant.

Oh but he is being unique. Have you ever heard of anyone else writing a song about the silent film era? hehe

Offline janl

• View Profile
    • Jay Chou: His Royal DIAOness  A personal take on the King of Mandopop, his life and his works, incorporating pics, vids and links to relevant websites and forums.
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 07:11:17 am »
FULL song!

"我不是醫生,也不是魔術師,但卻能讓音樂活起來。
I'm not a doctor nor a magician, but I can make the music come alive."

Check out my blog and Facebook Page, Jay Chou Diaoness at: www.jaychoudiaoness.blogspot.com

and https://www.facebook.com/jaychoudiaoness
The following users thanked this post: kelvin, jingling

Offline janl

• View Profile
    • Jay Chou: His Royal DIAOness  A personal take on the King of Mandopop, his life and his works, incorporating pics, vids and links to relevant websites and forums.
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2014, 07:17:44 am »
There's another song which will also be in this album.

Rhythm Of The Rain, which was used for Vincent Fang's movie but which Jay will include in Aiyo Not Bad.
I'm pretty happy about that 'cos he sings it so much better than the other lady who sang it for the movie MV.

"我不是醫生,也不是魔術師,但卻能讓音樂活起來。
I'm not a doctor nor a magician, but I can make the music come alive."

Check out my blog and Facebook Page, Jay Chou Diaoness at: www.jaychoudiaoness.blogspot.com

and https://www.facebook.com/jaychoudiaoness
The following users thanked this post: kelvin, jingling