Welcome to the Multistars Forum, if you're new make sure to read the rules and remember to introduce yourself! Remember to Like us on Facebook!

Author Topic: Why do most of Jay's recent ballads sound like Christmas songs now?  (Read 2371 times)

Offline jaychoufanatic

• View Profile
Why do most of Jay's recent ballads sound like Christmas songs now? How Are You, Obviously, What Kind of Man, and Listen to Father's Words all have a christmasy sound to them. I was listening to Jay on a radio talkshow and he was playing guitar and singing What Kind of Man and I heard him singing Merry Merry Christmas.

Offline shammy12

• View Profile
Re: Why do most of Jay's recent ballads sound like Christmas songs now?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 11:40:46 am »
Haha I really haven't noticed. I wouldn't consider Lonely Christmas by Eason a Christmas song though well not in the same sense as how I consider songs like "All I Want For Christmas is You" or "Jingle Bell Rock" as Christmas songs. The lyrics to the Eason song has the word Christmas in it but that's about it.

What do you think makes those Jay song sound Christmasy? 

Offline jaychoufanatic

• View Profile
Re: Why do most of Jay's recent ballads sound like Christmas songs now?
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 12:13:12 pm »
Haha I really haven't noticed. I wouldn't consider Lonely Christmas by Eason a Christmas song though well not in the same sense as how I consider songs like "All I Want For Christmas is You" or "Jingle Bell Rock" as Christmas songs. The lyrics to the Eason song has the word Christmas in it but that's about it.

What do you think makes those Jay song sound Christmasy? 

The melodies and the style in which Jay is playing piano. They just have that lonely Christmas feeling to them. I don't really know how to explain it in words. Especially the song "How Are You" from Exclamation Mark. It has a really familiar sound. It just feels like the holidays, even when I listen to that song during the summer. Here's a piano cover of "White Christmas". Maybe you'll understand what I mean, maybe not.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 12:17:01 pm by jaychoufanatic »