Welcome to the Multistars Forum, if you're new make sure to read the rules and remember to introduce yourself! Remember to Like us on Facebook!

Poll

Do you like it or not?

Yes [Tell why with a simple reason]
6 (100%)
No [No tell why with a simple reason]
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: January 06, 2015, 02:34:10 am

Author Topic: Aiyo, Not Bad  (Read 2898 times)

Offline dmonic bryan

• Stand Tall Like a Flag
    • View Profile
    • Come here!!
Aiyo, Not Bad
« on: December 27, 2014, 02:34:10 am »
Ex : I love this album because it fills more dark song, and so on..
Always think positivie - Joe.-

Offline kuso

• View Profile
Re: Aiyo, Not Bad
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 06:51:09 am »
I only voted yes because last 2 albums were crap so I am only liking this because it's a step up.

Compared to older albums it's just "alright".

Offline jaychoufanatic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 12:01:21 pm »
I voted yes for the same reason dmonic bryan did. It's got more dark sounding songs. Extra Large Shoes, Love Burglary, and Pronounced Clearly. Also I love Mermaid which is like the r&b mumbling style from his first 3 albums.

Offline newjay

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 10:49:27 pm »
I like the second half,when I was first listening to the first few songs I thought that it was worse than Exclamation Marks but the second half saves the album.The ballads with the exception of What Kind of Man which I feel that has some of the worst lyrics of from his albums.The upbeat rock song is getting worse with each incarnation.The Zhonguofeng one also is forgettable.

Overall It's sad but it seems that he is content in doing the same thing over again like autopilot.I have no issue if there is 2-3 classic Jay style songs to please the fans but repeating the formula and having the very similar type songs he's done before and now done less catchy and exciting is not good.

Offline jaychoufanatic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 12:20:59 pm »
I like the second half,when I was first listening to the first few songs I thought that it was worse than Exclamation Marks but the second half saves the album.The ballads with the exception of What Kind of Man which I feel that has some of the worst lyrics of from his albums.The upbeat rock song is getting worse with each incarnation.The Zhonguofeng one also is forgettable.

Overall It's sad but it seems that he is content in doing the same thing over again like autopilot.I have no issue if there is 2-3 classic Jay style songs to please the fans but repeating the formula and having the very similar type songs he's done before and now done less catchy and exciting is not good.

Which is why I love Pronounced Clearly. It's got that classic Jay feel, has a similar beat to Ninja, but It's also so different. The way he raps is totally different than anything he's done before. If there is a breakthrough song in this album it would have to be this song. Opus didn't have any songs that surprised me or gave me goosebumps when listening to it, which is why this album is so much better. The only problem I have is once again there are an overload of ballads and they all sound similar, but I can live with that since there are four songs that I think are absolutely amazing.