Welcome to the Multistars Forum, if you're new make sure to read the rules and remember to introduce yourself! Remember to Like us on Facebook!

Author Topic: Jay after marriage / 14th album  (Read 7006 times)

Offline kuso

• View Profile
Jay after marriage / 14th album
« on: October 25, 2015, 04:25:28 pm »
Anyone still here ? So it dosnt look like we getting an album this with no news about it. I know he got married and childbirth but he did promise an album a year even after marriage. Yet he finds time to go on zhows like voice of china (i wouldnt mind it if it wasnt so damn long and consuming of his schedule)

He also announced he retired as a director. To me his best works are his own music and directed movies (secret). He is neglecting both and wants to spend his time cultivating other artists like on voice of china or jvr artists like CUG or drifters. Seriously he needs to wake up, he absolutely sucks at those. No artist he cultivated have been succesful. NQMM to drifters to Gary to Cindy to Darren to CUG all failed.

He really needs to get back to his roots and write and produce music. Should also develop film career both acting and directing more like Andy Lau transitioned from music to movies as he aged.

Offline kelvin

• Mr Chopperman!!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jay Chou Studio
Re: Jay after marriage / 14th album
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 03:38:56 pm »
Me! Me!! I'm still here! I've kinda stopped following Jay since he got married. I was expecting him to be late with his album this year but I was assuming it would be more to do with spending more time with his family than going on shows like the voice.

I totally agree he sucks big time at cultivating talent, he does the opposite and actually ruins them. CUG oh god  :em64:

I doubt we'll see more acting from him, I've never thought he was particular good at it to be honest, directing more movies would be interesting.

I do apologise that I haven't been updating anything for a while. Didn't think there was anyone else around anymore.

Offline kuso

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 05:08:15 am »
If translations are correct, he won't be acting AND directing anymore. I am surprised no one asked about the album..seems like its not important anymore to reporters.

JVR are also not sticking Jay's name to their new artists anymore. They have 2 new artists, Celeste Syn and Patrick Brasca and you have to dig to find out that they're actually JVR. Before, Jay would attach his name to every artist they had and they were destined to fail.

JVR site is also being neglected lol, there's been nothing on the calendar schedule for months, with broken links in a few places.

Anyway don't feel the need to update, maybe just archive the big news items..jan does a great job with all the rest updates. There's nothing to look forward to for next half year unless he rushes an album out. NYSM 2 is coming in about 8 months, but he's role isn't big so not that hyped about it..

Offline kelvin

• Mr Chopperman!!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jay Chou Studio
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 04:32:36 pm »
Good to know Jan is keeping people informed, finally JVR has cotton on to the fact Jay's name is not a good seller.

Their website is pretty terrible, can't believe they still haven't figured out you can't access it without www. at the front.

I think it might be a bit of a blessing to not get another album, maybe it's time he took a bit of a hiatus, a bit like my fav utada, keeps people wanting more and not rush it.

Offline janl

• View Profile
    • Jay Chou: His Royal DIAOness  A personal take on the King of Mandopop, his life and his works, incorporating pics, vids and links to relevant websites and forums.
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 02:23:04 am »
Hi guys!

Apologies for not keeping up here but being admin of two active Facebook Pages (Jay Chou Diaoness and Jayannah) keeps me plenty occupied.
It's a lot easier to update news and pics there so hope you understand why I hardly post here anymore.
But I am eternally grateful to JCS for being here during my early days of Jay Chou fandom as I would not otherwise have learnt enough.

I hear he will be embarking on another concert tour next year plus there should be a new album as well.
Movie would be NYSM2 and voice of Monkey on Kungfu Panda 3, Chinese version.
Unlikely that he will do another season of Voice.

Check in again later.
Cheers!

NB: One thing I do miss are the frank and no-holds-barred discussions on this forum; something which I can't seem to do much of on the Pages.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 02:59:13 am by janl »
"我不是醫生,也不是魔術師,但卻能讓音樂活起來。
I'm not a doctor nor a magician, but I can make the music come alive."

Check out my blog and Facebook Page, Jay Chou Diaoness at: www.jaychoudiaoness.blogspot.com

and https://www.facebook.com/jaychoudiaoness

Offline kuso

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 01:09:07 am »
All good jan, keep up the great work.

Is the concert a new tour or just continuation of Opus ?

Anyway some good news: “There should not be a ceremony and the opening is supposed to keep a low profile, because everybody knows that all the stores whose openings I showed up did not succeed.” Jay admitted that his sidelines were not so successful as his singing career, “I don’t fit for that kind of things. So people must think clearly if you want my support.” Still, his family life seemed to be perfect. When asked about his family life, he said, “She can pacify the baby better than I do. The baby always cries no matter how hard I try to coax her. I tell her not to cry, but she doesn’t understand me at all. Now I know how great my parents are now that I am a father. I guess I’ll just stick to my singing.”

Now he should realise that about other ARTISTS too, not just stores..

Offline janl

• View Profile
    • Jay Chou: His Royal DIAOness  A personal take on the King of Mandopop, his life and his works, incorporating pics, vids and links to relevant websites and forums.
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2015, 04:24:21 am »
It will be a new tour.
OPUS 2 Jay officially ended on 20 December in Kunming.

Promo about the song for Kung Fu Panda with Patrick Brasca, with English and Chinese lyrics:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTQyODcwMzg1Mg==.html
"我不是醫生,也不是魔術師,但卻能讓音樂活起來。

Check out my blog and Facebook Page, Jay Chou Diaoness at: www.jaychoudiaoness.blogspot.com

Offline jaychoufanatic

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2016, 02:21:48 am »
It will be a new tour.
OPUS 2 Jay officially ended on 20 December in Kunming.

Promo about the song for Kung Fu Panda with Patrick Brasca, with English and Chinese lyrics:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTQyODcwMzg1Mg==.html

I heard the song 2 nights ago. The song is utterly terrible.

Offline kelvin

• Mr Chopperman!!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jay Chou Studio
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2016, 06:53:24 pm »
Yea it's not very good, at least Jay didn't write it I suppose. This must be one of the very few times he's sung a studio song written by someone else.

Offline jaychoufanatic

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2016, 03:47:37 am »
Yea it's not very good, at least Jay didn't write it I suppose. This must be one of the very few times he's sung a studio song written by someone else.

Glad someone agrees with me. People on YouTube actually responded that it was a good song after I commented that it sucked. Must be Jay's newer fans. It's hard to find senior fans to talk to these days like Kelvin and myself. I actually don't really care that Jay sang in this song as long as he didn't write it and as long as it doesn't go in his next album. I'm actually more hopeful about his next one because Aiyo Bu Cuo had some classic sounding songs, like Qie Ai (窃爱) Stolen Love. Hopefully his next one is even better, since it's taking so damn long...

Offline janl

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2016, 11:16:26 am »
The other studio song he has sung and which was written by someone else would have to be Cindy Yen's Sand Painting, right?

Anyway, I thought the song was quite catchy and found myself singing and moving along after a couple of listens, perhaps helped by the cute images in the MV. :)
I shall thus respectfully disagree with jaychoufanatic's use of the words, 'terrible' and 'sucks' to describe the song.

"我不是醫生,也不是魔術師,但卻能讓音樂活起來。

Offline jaychoufanatic

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2016, 10:36:37 am »
The other studio song he has sung and which was written by someone else would have to be Cindy Yen's Sand Painting, right?

Anyway, I thought the song was quite catchy and found myself singing and moving along after a couple of listens, perhaps helped by the cute images in the MV. :)
I shall thus respectfully disagree with jaychoufanatic's use of the words, 'terrible' and 'sucks' to describe the song.

I guess I understand how someone might like the song as a fun kiddy song, but musically speaking, the song is terrible compared to Jay's standards, even though he didn't write the song. As a musician myself, I cannot take this song seriously. To me, music is an art form and this song isn't that. This is a way to make money, by making a catchy(for little kids) generic Disney style song that has no creativity whatsoever. Even the lyrics are extremely generic and the theme of "believing in yourself" has been done over, and over, and over, and over again so many times. I'm just sick of it. Sorry janl but it's true. Go back and listen to Jay's Ye Hui Mei album. That is REAL music.

The following users thanked this post: janl

Offline janl

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2016, 07:22:39 am »
Sigh....I know what you mean.
But I guess for a movie like this, one can't really deviate too far from simplistic themes like this.
Don't forget, this song was written by a 16-year-old; give him a chance.

What do you think of this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXoPYYyKbR0
"我不是醫生,也不是魔術師,但卻能讓音樂活起來。

Offline kuso

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2016, 06:52:07 am »
There's almost no original Jay stuff nowadays..He hasn't even finished with the MV's, I don't think we will see an album until late this year. Another season of Voice of China..I like it but that show is way too time consuming..

Offline jaychoufanatic

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2016, 12:35:34 am »
There's almost no original Jay stuff nowadays..He hasn't even finished with the MV's, I don't think we will see an album until late this year. Another season of Voice of China..I like it but that show is way too time consuming..

Totally agree. He only just started working on his album.