Welcome to the Multistars Forum, if you're new make sure to read the rules and remember to introduce yourself! Remember to Like us on Facebook!

Author Topic: Explanation of what happened  (Read 4583 times)

Offline kelvin

• Mr Chopperman!!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jay Chou Studio
Explanation of what happened
« on: October 08, 2006, 08:00:59 pm »
I suppose you've all noticed the forum has been down for a few days, well this message will hopefully answer all your questions. First things first, it's bad news. A few days ago while I was trying to add a database I discovered I couldn't so I contacted my host to get it sorted. Somehow my host managed to lose my whole database in the process! (*shocked) Which meant I was royally screwed! All the data in the forum was lost but no I figured my host must have a backup of my database, surely...any half-decent host would backup....yes yes.........but it turns out their so called 'backup' system was broken and was in the middle of being fixed. (though it makes me wonder if they ever had a backup system in the first place, seriously not ONE single backup, how is that possible?) Life can be such a pain in the ass sometimes. Anyway the only good news I can bring is that we have a backup but it is old so a lot of posts have been lost. Anyone who registered in the last couple of months will have to re-register I'm sorry to say. I completely apologise for what has happened and hope you can all forgive us. This has taught us a lesson, that is to always backup and never rely on your host. I've been let down by them and in turn I feel I've let all of you down. Just imagine you've been hit on the head and have amnesia or something. Or imagine that you went into a time warp, a rip in the time time continuum so to speak.

kelvin

y_monkee: Future comments about the new layout (or questions on how to use it) can be addressed here
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 10:36:56 pm by y_monkee »