Welcome to the Multistars Forum, if you're new make sure to read the rules and remember to introduce yourself! Remember to Like us on Facebook!

Author Topic: [02/03/06] Theme song changed for Japanese version of movie "Fearless", Pres Chou fans upset  (Read 1215 times)

Offline Angela

• View Profile
“Huo Yuan Jia”, the movie with Jet Li as a lead has opened in Japan. The original theme song of the movie under the same name, composed and sang by Jay Chou has been changed in the Japanese release of the film. The Japanese version is performed by the group “HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR”, called “Crime”. This has caused uproar amongst Jay’s Japanese fans, and they have been blasting the movie company’s decision over the internet.

According to a Hong Kong newspaper report, the movie “Huo Yuan Jia” which Jet Li’s is the lead and co-produced, directed by Yu Ren Tai, premiered last night at Tokyo, Japan with Japanese stars Youmi Kimura (and another star I don’t know her name) gracing the event.

Jet Li, Zhong Chun Shi Tong and Yuan Tian also attended the premier along with Japanese band HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR. The theme song “Fearless” performed by Jay for the movie has been changed to Japanese version, “Crime”, performed by HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR. This has caused many Japanese fans of Jay to be upset with the decision to change by the movie company, many of them has said online that they will boycott the movie.

Before the premier, Jet Li confessed that he had once injured Zhong Chun before, “Zhong Chun’s management initially didn’t want to accept this movie role, they were afraid that I will make a mistake and injure him again. So I assured them that he will be safe. When we were filming the part where I was fighting him with the Nunchaku, the management once again interfered, fearing that I’ll injure him again, so I have to once again assure them that he will be all right.” Jet continued, “I was thinking at that time to myself: When you are filming a martial arts show, how can you be sure no one gets hurt? In the end, I really hit him on his forehead (with the Nunchaku). But he continued filming, such professionalism is something I truly admire.”

source: jaycn.com
"You must know you can't keep looking back. If you do, you'll never improve." - FTLY

Offline happifruit

• View Profile
WHAT?!?!?

that's so stupid...it would make sense if they wanted to change it and have Jay sing it in Japanese...but they change the artist completely?

and that management is stupid...I don't think there is such a thing as an injury-free martial arts filming...

thanks

Thanks for a magical run last season. Whether or not you overcome the heartbreak, you showed us that the championship wasn't a faraway dream, and I'll be behind you until you reach it.

Offline Arabella

• View Profile
    • MySpace
WHAT??!!???!! so jay's song isnt gonna be in the movie at all???

Offline moomoocows

• View Profile
i dont think they should just change the song cuz its not in japanese ....originality..dats wat we need

but i dont think i would be the type that would make a big commotion about it cuz its not worth the fight

Offline j_halo7

• View Profile
seriously though jay's song for this movie is quite unappreciated. i watched Fearless in the theaters and everyone left the moment credits started rolling! at that point jay's song havent start playing yet. in the end i was the only person left waiting to hear and support jay.

Offline wenyong

• View Profile
Quote from: j_halo7
seriously though jay's song for this movie is quite unappreciated. i watched Fearless in the theaters and everyone left the moment credits started rolling! at that point jay's song havent start playing yet. in the end i was the only person left waiting to hear and support jay.

It's normal to me to leave as i guess most of them already knew the song and watched the MV,pointless to watch it too many times..

Offline meiling_sakura

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
@ halo
i'm pretty sure it's normal that a lot of ppl left the theatre when the movie is over and the credits are rolling

Offline Tiffany

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
2 weeks past

old news

*lock